- RSS Channel Showcase 7028992
- RSS Channel Showcase 3266741
- RSS Channel Showcase 3843885
- RSS Channel Showcase 3368671
Articles on this Page
- 04/06/16--16:47: _NILS Maribel jacket...
- 04/11/16--01:24: _ThermaCELL HeatPack...
- 04/25/16--07:54: _Sustaining our snow...
- 07/25/16--15:28: _Greening of the Sno...
- 08/03/16--09:40: _Summer fun in the m...
- 09/12/16--14:22: _Free skiing for Col...
- 10/20/16--09:03: _Warren Miller’s new...
- 11/04/16--11:08: _Countdown to ski se...
- 11/07/16--10:22: _Countdown to winter...
- 11/08/16--08:29: _Countdown to slopes...
- 11/14/16--15:31: _Countdown to . . . ...
- 11/26/16--20:33: _Snow bunny or baby ...
- 02/24/17--09:05: _Krimson Klover Ski ...
- 02/26/17--11:05: _Helly Hansen Vertex...
- 02/28/17--15:59: _SIA 2017 roundup: c...
- 03/10/17--06:40: _Gordini’s Venture “...
- 03/22/17--15:35: _Obermeyer “Bombshel...
- 04/10/17--10:10: _Spring skiing in Ut...
- 07/06/17--13:00: _Vail hosts fine foo...
- 08/17/17--12:10: _Treksta’s Evolution...
- 04/06/16--16:47: NILS Maribel jacket & Betty pant: bold & beautiful
- 04/11/16--01:24: ThermaCELL HeatPacks: reduce, reuse, really warm
- 04/25/16--07:54: Sustaining our snowpack – discussion 5/3/16
- 07/25/16--15:28: Greening of the Snow Industry, part 4: Vail’s Epic Promise
- 08/03/16--09:40: Summer fun in the mountains
- 09/12/16--14:22: Free skiing for Colorado kids!
- 10/20/16--09:03: Warren Miller’s new book makes skiing great again
- 11/04/16--11:08: Countdown to ski season begins with BETWEEN!
- 11/07/16--10:22: Countdown to winter continues! Opening date schedule
- 11/08/16--08:29: Countdown to slopeside hot chocolate!
- 11/14/16--15:31: Countdown to . . . .skadi fest!
- 11/26/16--20:33: Snow bunny or baby gifts!
- 02/24/17--09:05: Krimson Klover Ski Village base layers: cute for charity!
- 02/26/17--11:05: Helly Hansen Vertex Stretch keeps him happy!
- 02/28/17--15:59: SIA 2017 roundup: cool or colorful ski jackets & more!
- 03/10/17--06:40: Gordini’s Venture “climate control” gloves
- 03/22/17--15:35: Obermeyer “Bombshell” jacket true to its name!
- 04/10/17--10:10: Spring skiing in Utah reins supreme!
- 07/06/17--13:00: Vail hosts fine food for a cause this Labor Day!
- 08/17/17--12:10: Treksta’s Evolution Mid 161 GTX hiking boots
Thanks to a snowy spring, snowgrrl got a few late-season days in and had the opportunity to try out the Maribel parka and Betty pant from Nils‘ 2016-2017 lineup. The indigo winter winds print Maribel jacket was tested on the slopes of Vail and Beaver Creek, Colorado (buy your Epic Pass before April 10 to […]
April is earth month, what better time to celebrate another green initiative in the snow industry? Now instead of buying individual hand warmers and disposing of them after a day on the mountain, we have ThermaCELL resuable Heat Packs. These pocket or hand warmers come in two sizes that can be charged for reuse. ThermaCELL […]
Colorado’s population is projected to double by 2050. Coloradans have long loved our mountains, and the outdoor recreation opportunities stand out as one reason our beautiful state has become so popular with new residents. As the mountains warm and the winter snowpack melts into the spring run off, one can’t help but notice the volatility […]
As snowgrrl has discussed recently, caring about the environment and “going green” isn’t just a trendy term in the snow sports industry — players are taking specific actions to follow up on their commitment to the environment. One of the biggest players, Vail Resorts which owns and operates nine mountain resorts and three ski areas […]
Often people who visit Colorado in the winter have such a wonderful time that they return in the summer and stay even longer. It’s not too late to plan a summer trip to the mountains, with nearly a month of summer and a full roster of activities worth catching. Snowgrrl and her crew visited Breckenridge […]
Fifth and sixth graders residing in Colorado are in for another treat this 2016-17 snow season. Registration for Colorado Ski Country USA’s popular 5th and 6th Grade Passport Program is now open for the upcoming ski and snowboarding season. The Passport Programs introduce fifth and sixth grade kids to skiing and snowboarding by giving fifth […]
During this election season, we can easily get bogged down in issues, poll results, party affiliations, debate performance critiques. But at least one person has kept his mind where it belongs — on the slopes! Warren Miller’s new autobiography, Freedom Found, chronicles his globetrotting 55-year journey, parylaying a simple love for skiing and surfing into […]
Just a few weeks until ski season officially begins (though A-Basin already has, we hear there’s only one run open there so far). To launch the countdown, Allied Feather and Down, which we have discussed in our greening series, together with Spyder, sponsored last night’s screening of BETWEEN, a film produced by Austrian pro skier […]
Get your calendars out… here are the opening days for Colorado resorts, listed by date: October 21: Arapahoe Basin Late-October: Loveland November 4: Wolf Creek November 11: Breckenridge and Keystone! November 11: Copper Mountain November 16: Winter Park November 18: Vail November 18: Eldora November 19: Purgatory November 23: Steamboat November 23: […]
One of snowgrrl’s favorite resort town activities is swooshing down the slopes into a cozy little apres-ski destination to sip a warm, rich hot chocolate. All of the vigorous ski activity deserves a sweet warm reward, don’t you think? Listed here are five favorite places to find a H.C.: Rimini Gelato in Vail (Lionshead) or […]
As the days get cooler and the leaves keep falling, we can practically sense the snow that’s about to sprinkle down from the sky. . . any day now. . . And a month from now, women who participate in Vail’s SKADI fest (December 14-16) will reap the bounty of the awesome snow, together with […]
‘Tis the season for online shopping… which we much prefer to the crazed crowds at the mall! Snowgrrl therefore presents just a few options to get you started on shopping for your favorite snow bunny: Local Colorado company Bambool Thermics makes amazing comfy, eco-friendly base layers and we’re so excited that about the new colors […]
Snowgrrl loves cute, comfortable, and functional ski clothes, and we love hearing about acts of kindness in the snow sports industry. Krimson Klover has combined the best of both worlds with the Ski Village base...
The post Krimson Klover Ski Village base layers: cute for charity! appeared first on Snowgrrl.
We recently had a SnowMan test out the Helly Hansen Vertex Stretch midlayer. SnowMan Sam wore this mid-layer beneath a shell on a bluebird day in Breckenridge, Colorado. He commented that he felt totally comfortable...
The Showports Industries of America (SIA)’s SnowShow hit Denver again last month with a flurry of new and repeat exhibitors showing off and selling items from their winter 2017/18 lines. Snowgrrl loved checking out the...
The post SIA 2017 roundup: cool or colorful ski jackets & more! appeared first on Snowgrrl.
Snowgrrl had the opportunity to test a pair of bright green Gordini gloves on the slopes of the Canyons resort in Utah last week. The gloves are super lightweight, featuring InSilk insulation. Gordini touts these...
Snowgrrl recently had the opportunity to test the Obermeyer Bombshell jacket on the slopes of the Canyons and Park City resorts in Utah. Obermeyer claims that this jacket is “the ultimate in fit perfection. ....
Having grown up in Colorado, I have not often yearned to ski outside of the state. With Vail, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, Keystone, A-Basin and other resorts a short drive away, why bother? Well, this spring...
This Labor Day weekend, Gourmet on Gore brings Vail Village to life with four days of gourmet fine food and drink. As we all know, Vail is a great place to visit in the winter. ...